Saturday, July 7, 2012

It's so hard to be 12 years old.

It was really hot, and Rose had a couple of gift cards to spend, so we went to the book store yesterday afternoon. She spent some time in the kids'section, picked up a couple of books, put them down, and generally looked sort of uncomfortable.

R: Um, Mom.

Me: Yes, sweetie?

R: I'm not really sure I belong in this section anymore.

Me: Oh, really? Why not?

R: I'm thinking I'm just too old for it now.

So I told her there was a teen section, and she asked where it was. I took her there, being very familiar with its location due to her older sister practically living there. She browsed for a while and then turned to me and said, in a very disgusted voice:

R: Are ALL these books about love?

Me: Pretty much.

R: Then I'm going back to the kids' section.

No comments:

Post a Comment