Friday, June 11, 2010

Ice cream. We're gonna have ice cream.

Sabrina asked if she could have ice cream after dinner. I said sure, why not? She then announced this fact to the other munchkins. Rose, calling shotgun, immediately said, "I want mint chip." Mint chip and vanilla were the options.

Sabrina got out her bowl and the ice cream scooper and then the carton of mint chip, which, upon opening, revealed about one bowl's worth of ice cream. She and Rose looked into the almost empty container and started the following "conversation." Calvin and I sat back on the couch to watch the entertainment.

R: I called mint chip.

S: But I don't like vanilla.

R: But I called it.

S: But I don't like vanilla. (grabs the carton) I don't like vanilla!

R: But -- (grabs the carton back)

S: I don't like vanilla!! (more grabbing)

R: Sabrina!

S: I DON'T LIKE VANILLA!!!

R: I get it! You don't like vanilla. You don't like vanilla. You don't like vanilla! You don't like vanilla!! YOU DON'T LIKE VANILLA!!!

Thereafter we were treated to incoherent screaming and some impressive physical contact. I decided to call an end to the show and sent the girls to their rooms. Later, as Calvin and I ate our ice cream in peace --

C: You know what's weird about that, mom?

Me: No, what?

C: Everybody knows Sabrina likes vanilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment