Friday, February 12, 2010

Raisin' Them There Girls Right

So, it turns out Sabrina and Rose LOOOOVE “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood. I guess I could blame their Aunt Rebecca since she introduced the song to me, but it's off of my play list that the girls have heard it, so mea culpa. They don’t know the words to any of the verses other than, “Right now . . .” But when the chorus comes, boy, do those girls rock it.

The family was in the car yesterday, and I had my iPod play list running, and sure enough that song comes on. At the chorus, the girls start singing at the top of their lungs. For those of you who are not familiar with this song, to wit:
And he don't know . . .
That I dug my keys into the side of his pretty little souped-up four-wheel drive,
Carved my name into his leather seats.
I took a Louisville slugger to both headlights,
Slashed a hole in all four tires.
And maybe next time he'll think before he cheats.
David turns and looks at me, horrified. I can’t tell if it’s because they know the lyrics to the song or the fact they’re listening to (and enjoying) country. But my guess is that he’s a bit concerned that his little girls are singing about messing up some guy’s ride. I just shrug and say it’s healthy for a girl to learn that she shouldn’t let any man walk all over her. Then I laugh hysterically. He just shakes his head, but he’s one to talk. He introduced them to Lady Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment